It's almost here...

Goodbye Summer. You are officially gone.

I am looking forward to meeting all of my new little friends and their parents Monday night. I think I'm ready, but are you really ever ready? I feel like I could plan for the next 6 months and I would never feel completely ready. So many emotions-- excitement, nervousness, anticipation, nausea.

I think it is okay to be nervous about the first day of school. To quote what I think might have been an anti-dandruff shampoo commercial, "you only get one chance to make a first impression." Those first few days will determine how the rest of the year will play out. Will the students see me as a confident, organized, competent leader? Hopefully so. I'd even settle for slightly crazy, don't make her angry, maybe she knows what she's talking about lady.

Right now, I'm going to try and make some commitments to myself about the upcoming year. I am posting them on here so that I have some motivation to actually make these things happen.

1. Keep up with the class website. My wonderful team teacher and I have created a website using Weebly. We are going to use both a teacher and student blog to communicate with parents.

2. Continue blogging about my experiences. I realize that no one really cares, but this is a great way for me to reflect on my practice- both the good and the bad.

3. Not be afraid to try new things. I have so many ideas about ways to incorporate technology and I'm going to make some of those ideas a reality. I owe it to my students to provide them with authentic assignments that can be shared with people outside of the classroom walls.

4. Ask myself what's best for the students. So many times I am guilty of doing things because they are easier for me.

Wish me luck! Does anyone else have ideas about things they want to do differently this year?


No comments