August 20, 2011

Are we up for the challenge?

The first week of school has come and gone, and I'm feeling good. If you talked to me on Monday, you might have heard a different story, however. We have very large class sizes this year, and I think I was a little overwhelmed (to put it very mildly) on Monday. As the week went on, everything started clicking into place. I realized that the number of students in a classroom should not dictate my actions or my mood. I am going to try to keep doing what has been successful in the past, while modifying everything to make sure that it best suits this group of kids.

After all, is it the students's fault that budget cuts were made? Of course not. I will not let these students suffer because of their circumstances. Will it be a little crazy? Will it be a little noisy? Will it be a little messy? Of course it will! I read this blog post this morning, and it was exactly what I needed to hear. This year is going to be a challenge for many of us with larger class sizes out there. Are we up for the challenge?

7 comments:

Mailee said...

Same goes for me. I am so exhausted.

sara said...

How many students do you have? Right now I'm up to 24, and I've never had more than 20. I'm wondering how big of a difference it'll make and how I'll need to adjust accordingly. :/ Looking forward to the new school year, though! (We start this coming Thursday!)

Linda Dunnavant said...

I have 30. Last year I had 19 so it has been a big adjustment! I still have them in groups, but it is a little strange looking out and seeing 5 groups of 6. :) I hope everything goes well on Thursday! I'm looking forward to hearing about it!

sara said...

Wow, that is quite an increase for you, Linda! I have mine in groups,too; if I get anymore, though, I'll have to remove one of my reading spaces to make room for more desks. Agh.

On a totally different note, I CANNOT believe we both have had a retainer with TWO fake teeth! I have never met anyone under the age of 55 who had false teeth! Wow, thanks for sharing that--haha! :) (Oh, by the way, in the not-so-distant future, I will have to get a bridge, too. Ahh!)

Linda Dunnavant said...

I know! Too funny! I'm thinking of moving up to implants at some point. They're so expensive though.

I'm sorry you'll have to get rid of one of your reading spaces. It's hard not to be frustrated when you have everything set up for a certain number of kiddos. :(

Mrs.Allen said...

Before my partial retainer,my oral surgeon tried the whole (tooth) implant procedure five times, and it failed each and every time because my body rejected it. Hope you have better luck!

We Are Teachers said...

Hehe,, I am same. I have no challange for next time, coz I don`t have more experient for my student. But some day, I will be smile for my student, because they will be smile for me too.... ^_^

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...