August 3, 2011

Comprehension Strategy Posters

I will be teaching reading again this year, and I decided to create my own comprehension strategy posters. Last year I had students create these for me as each one came up, but with two classes it just got confusing. Click here to see my posters. Again, they go with my Hollywood theme. Feel free to use these! Here is the bulletin board I made yesterday to display these posters.


It's not a very good quality picture, but you get the idea! I found that palm tree at Hobby Lobby for $3.00 earlier this summer. Also, I think the lights just make it fun. Hopefully I am not creating too much of a fire hazard! Here is a close up of one of the posters.


This is the one of the only areas of my room that has teacher created stuff like this. I try to keep other areas cleared off so that students can display their work and take ownership of our room. Hopefully once I get everything set up I can post some pictures of my room. I want to see pictures of how others are setting up their classrooms this year!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I teach 5th grade and really appreciate these.

Linda Dunnavant said...

You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by!

hatchellds said...

Love the bulletin board and the posters... if I go back to teaching, I'm gonna use you as a resource!

Mailee said...

Thanks. This will help me and my students.

Saba Khan said...

Will surely try it here :)
Thanks.

Rani said...

Hi Linda
I am a fifth grade teacher in Australia and new to blogging. I love your blog and would love to adapt your poster on facts and opinions in my class. Thanks for sharing.

christa farrell said...

Hi there! I am so nervous, I have taught for many years, but nothing over 2nd grade. I will be teaching 5th grade in a new school this year and am SO nervous. Any tips that you you have would be so welcome. Thank you!!

Christa310@gmail.com

SASchnall said...

These are great! I was also thinking of teaching reading strategies and having students create an interactive notebook for reading strategies. I saw something on tpt and was inspired to do something similar. http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Interactive-Reading-Literature-Notebooks-Literary-Elements-for-Common-Core-4-8-745824

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...