September 26, 2011

Favorite Science Books

I have decided to participate in TBA's Science Week! Here are some of my favorite science books to read with my fifth graders.



The Lorax by Dr. Seuss - I love using this book to talk about environmentalism and conservation. The students love the funny names like "truffula trees" and "thneeds", and they really seem to get into the story. The Lorax Project has great games and activities that go with the book. Also, I think the movie is coming out sometime this year!


Spectacular Science: A Book of Poems by Lee Bennett Hopkins - I like to integrate reading with science every chance I get. This book is a great way to merge the two. I love to use this book when we do our poetry unit in the spring. Snowflakes, stars, and a dinosaur bone are only some of the fun topics of the poems in this book. It also has great illustrations.

These are just a few of my favs! What are some of your favorite science picture books? Click here to join the linky party!

Also, I just noticed that I have over 50 followers! I feel so honored. Thank you for reading my blog!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Good call on The Lorax! That is definitely one of my faves. :)

Marvelous Multiagers!

Mrs. B said...

I absolutely LOVE using Dr. Seuss! I just did a fun sequencing lesson using "The Butter Battle" which can also be used for social studies discussion ... thanks for the ideas! I left you an award over on my blog!

Linda Dunnavant said...

Dr. Seuss is great, isn't he? I've never heard of "The Butter Battle". I'm going to check it out right now! I'm also going to check out your blog! Thanks for stopping by!

A Teacher's Treasure said...

I love the Lorax! The movie is coming out soon.
We missed your posts where have you been?!?

Also, just wanted to stop by and share my new GIVEAWAY with you :)
You can WIN a $20 Gift Card for Amazon and shop till you drop :)

Come by & enter to WIN!
http://www.ateacherstreasure.com/2011/11/treasured-giveaway-20-amazon-gift-card.html

Happy Holidays!

❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
A Teacher's Treasure

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...