September 3, 2011

Study Jams

I have found an amazing resource to use with my students this year. Study Jams is a site created by Scholastic that has videos, quizzes, and even songs that explain complex math and science concepts. Best of all, it is almost completely aligned with our fifth grade curriculum. Think Brain Pop without the subscription cost.

Students love these little video clips, and I love how well they explain concepts we're learning. Students also love the songs! We have been enjoying the Photosynthesis Song these past few weeks. It's hilarious to watch them roll their eyes and act like they're way too cool at first. After the second time we listened to it, students were singing along, some were dancing, and hopefully all were learning something. Singing goofy songs is a great way to bond with your students at the beginning of the year. What new sites are you enjoying using with your students this year?

2 comments:

haley james said...

I love this site! Thanks for sharing!

Amy Alvis said...

Thanks for posting this! I can't wait to use it in my classroom!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...