July 18, 2012

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! I know I am. Motherhood has been an amazing journey so far. I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with my little man. I have actually decided to take the year off from teaching so that I can be a full time mom. It was a very tough decision, because I love teaching. However, it was going to be tough managing everything here in Alabama where we have no family close by. For those of you who don't have kids yet, here is a glimpse of what you have to look forward to.

Yesterday, after the baby cried the better part of the day, my sweet husband came home and told me that he would watch the baby for awhile if I wanted to go somewhere. I was completely out of my summer bisque (Bare Minerals, anyone?) so I headed to the mall. I looked a hot mess, to say the least. I raced around the mall with my glasses on talking on the phone to my husband really loudly about the baby's burps and poots (or lack thereof). Hopefully I looked like a new mom and not just some insane person.

 Even though I'm not going to be in the classroom this next year, I get to keep being a "teacher", right? My hope is to keep blogging so that I can keep the creative juices flowing for when I do get back in the classroom. Finally, you may have noticed the little ad box on the sidebar of the blog. I hope this does not offend anyone. I figured I can use anything I can get now that I'm income-less! If this is terribly tacky I'll take it down. Let me know your thoughts!

 Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your little one. The ad on the side is not at all tacky and a girls got to do what a girls got to do when priorities change. Good luck and keep blogging. :)

Andrea said...

I teach 5th grade also. I took off a year when my daughter was little. You will never regret it! Good luck! I love your website!

Linda Dunnavant said...

Thanks Andrea! I know I'll miss teaching, but I also know I'll never get this time back! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...