August 5, 2012

Music Suggestions and Advice for New Teachers Linky Party!

I wanted to share some more music suggestions for those of you who like to play music in the classroom. I don't know about you, but I am always terrified to play something inappropriate. Remember the first grader who got suspended for singing "I'm sexy and I know it"? 

I love listening to Pandora, and I have found two awesome stations that are fantastic for kids. One is "Elizabeth Mitchell" radio. Have you heard of Elizabeth Mitchell? She has a soothing voice, and she manages to sing kids' music that isn't grating and annoying like most kids' music is. This station may be better suited for younger grades, but I think fifth graders would go for it as well. They always love when you play music no matter how "lame" they think it is, right?




The other station I love is "Disney". This is not the Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Disney station. This station plays songs from the classic Disney movies such as The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Robin Hood, etc. Love! I listened to it with the baby this morning as we got ready for church, and he loved it. Don't people of all ages love this music? Check out this post for more music suggestions. What music are you planning on listening to in your classroom this year? 

Finally, don't forget to join the Advice for New Teachers Linky Party! I can't wait to hear what everyone has to say!

Photobucket

4 comments:

annie [pretty♥please] said...

I "play it safe" by putting on disney radio on pandora

Katrina said...

I love the Disney station on Pandora. I also like to see if my students can tell what movie each song is from. It makes me feel old when they don't know the ones that I know automatically, like songs from Lion King. I also love playing instrumental and classical music.

I just joined your linky party.

Katrina
Teacherofscholars.blogspot.com

Linda Dunnavant said...

It makes me feel old when they don't know those songs too! Last year I said something about the taco bell dog, and none of the students knew what in the world I was talking about! We'll have to educate them on the great music from the 90's Disney movies! :)

Jimmy Smith said...

Hi everyone we offer the best service for resolve the snoring please visit Snoring doctor

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...